Monday, May 3, 2010

Blog Reflection

This is our last and finally blogging assignment and I cannot believe that it has gone this fast. So for our final blog we have to write about our overall evaluation about how we feel about blogging, if our writing as improved, and much more. My thoughts about blogging came to be more easier then I originally thought. I got all worked up in the beginning about others reading my work, but now after coming to the end I am more comfortable displaying my writings. Many of the assignments we did were easy to put together. When I first found out we were blogging, I was not excited about the idea. I thought it was going to take up a lot of unnecessary time. I was wrong! The many writings we were assigned were fun to write and barely took up any time and I was able to write them with no trouble.

After taking this class, my writing as evolved from when we first started. I took my time and cared about my work. It is nice to see that my writing does not look like an elementary student! Now, I can start a paper with ease without the troubles I had back in the beginning of the course. My writing has definitely improved over the semester. Just the little things like my grammar have improved. I do however, take more time on my assignments then I have in the passed.

The blog I am most happy with, my favorite, was the two truths and a lie. It was really easy to come with and I put in a lot of detail to make it hard for others who have read it to guess what my lie was. I was really curious to see, in class, what others thought and I quite surprised to see the end results. I thought I did a good job explaining that I know all about climbing, when I have only done it once in my life lol. I also read a few two truths and a lie myself, and a lot of people stumped me on what their lie was. I believe that everyone did a good job with the blog posts. On a few assignments I noticed some put more effort, but when it is a topic your not interested in, it is really hard to write.

After taking this class, I am way more comfort displaying my work to other people, not just the teacher. I felt that blogging has helped me out in the long run. I have learned a lot about exactly what blogging is and how to make an account. I am not a blogger, so I do not believe I will continue with blogging, but it was a good run. Writing a paper and writing a blog are two different things, so it was nice to flip flop from one to the other. Blogs are a little less stressful and I feel you can put in more of your flavor of writing than with an assigned paper. Definitely had some good blogging times, but I glad it is over!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that you got over your shyness over sharing your work and got something out of blogging, Terra. It's been a pleasure to work with you and watch your writing evolve!

    ReplyDelete